You can avoid the harsh chemicals and preservatives that are often used in commercial hand wash liquids by making your own natural hand wash. You decide exactly what goes into your soap and the process is incredibly easy.
- 300ml Foaming Soap Dispenser Bottle
- Distilled or Filtered Water
- Pure Liquid Castile Soap
- Pure Essential Oil of your choice for scent (optional)
- Fractionated coconut oil / Sweet Almond Oil (optional)
- Fill roughly 3/4 of the soap bottle with water.
- Top up the remaining bottle with liquid castile soap. Remember to leave some space for the bottle pump head.
- Optionally, add 20 drops of pure essential oil of your choice. Keep essential oils to no more than 0.3%-0.5% of your hand wash solution. Or remove them altogether if you have sensitive skin or the soap is to be used by young children.
- If you find the soap drying for your skin, add 1 tbsp of fractionated coconut oil or sweet almond oil to the soap solution.
- Shake bottle gently to mix.
- Your natural hand wash is now ready for use.
You can substitute distilled water with just normal tap water. But if you do so, make a smaller batch so that you can use up the soap within 2 weeks.